NOTE: Course login details are normally sent to registrants within one week from date of registration.
This introductory course on foreign exchange (FX), focusing on spot foreign exchange, covers the fundamental knowledge you need to know about the FX markets. You will learn about currency conventions, the trade mechanics of FX, how to quote bid/offer rates and calculate cross rates, and various strategies and risks associated with trading FX. At the end of this course, you will be given supplemental exercises and questions to apply what you have learned in the course.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
• Learn how to identify foreign exchange currency codes and currency pair ordering.
• Identify and understand the difference between direct and indirect quotes
• Calculate foreign exchange cross rates
• Understand the foreign exchange settlement process
• Understand the various risks associated with the foreign exchange market
• Employ various market strategies to enhance market returns and reduce market risks.