The Marguerite Centre (TMC) is a long-term residential facility for women in recovery from addictions and abuse. TMC believes in the right for women to recover from their addictions in a safe residential setting where their unique needs will be met, their issues addressed and their voices heard. Our body, mind, and spirit approach to programming empowers women to create their own path to healing and recovery. Located in the Halifax Regional Municipality, the Centre is excited to be expanding into New Brunswick and we are looking to expand our board to help facilitate this project!
TMC is immediately seeking a designated accountant to serve as volunteer Treasurer of the Board. Working as part of the Executive Committee, the Treasurer will coordinate monthly financial reporting with the bookkeeper and liaise with the Executive Director to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Attend monthly board meetings and report to the Board on TMC’s financial state
- Act as Finance Committee chair
- Be an authorized signing officer
- Provide general financial expertise in the areas of internal control, contract negotiation, etc.
- Oversee the Executive Director in the management of the Centre’s:
The time commitment is approximately five hours per month. Interested candidates should contact Lisa Mullin, Executive Director at (902) 444-3089 or firstname.lastname@example.org