The Dartmouth Volleyball Club (DVC) is currently seeking a volunteer Director of Finance to provide support and oversight to the financial affairs of the Club. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact: Ms. Donna Gillespie at email@example.com.
Further information about the DVC can be found at www.dartmouthvolleyballclub.com
Activities of the volunteer Director of Finance include:
JOB TITLE: Director of Finance
To ensure that a financial management and reporting system is in place and operable so the club Board of Directors has an accurate understanding of the financial status of the club at all times.
● Prepare budget, in consultation with the Board of Directors to reflect income and expenditure
of the club for presentation at the first meeting of the year.
● Ensure the club does not exceed authority ceilings for financial expenditure
● Attend to general banking activities.
● Maintain accurate records of income and expenditure.
● Report to the Board of Directors on a monthly basis.
● Present all accounts for payment for approval.
● Collect registrations fees from members.
● Make details of all accounts available to the Board of Directors
● Organise collection of funds from various events for banking.
● Ensure all taxation commitments are met by the club.
● Ensure the club finances are appropriately audited.
● Prepare annual financial accounts for auditing and provide the auditor with necessary
● Report activities of the portfolio to the membership at the AGM.
● Be one of several signatories – two on each club cheque.
● Monitor sponsorship funds.
● Attend monthly Board of Directors meetings.
● Liaise with Volleyball Nova Scotia regarding financial payment system.
● Attend VNS financial training session as required.
● Reports to the President and Board of Directors.
● Liaise with all members of the Club with financial responsibility.
● Liaise with external creditors and debtors.
● The Director of Finance is accountable to the President and Board of Directors
● The Director of Finance shall seek ratification from the Board of Directors of a club budget,
including debt reduction and there after shall have the authority to act within the limits of the
budget and strategy approved.
● The Director of Finance shall provide a monthly report to the Board of Directors of all financial transactions.
The estimated time commitment required as the Director of Finance is up to 8 hours per week at
the beginning of the season (December / January) and 2-3 hours per week during the season (January – May); then about 1-2 hours off season months.
● Enthusiastic and well organised.
● Ability to keep sound records.
● Ability to allocate regular time periods to maintain the records.
● Diligent with receipts and money.
● Ability to work in a logical and orderly manner.
● Willing to learn new skills if necessary.
● Dedicated club person.
● Honest and trustworthy.
● Financial accounting experience.
● Negotiating skills.
● Computer skills.